London Collection Mens, A/W 17 - My Top Picks.

13:09

Hey!

As London Menswear has just come to a close, I thought I would round up by writing about what has been happening in menswear 2017. I absolutely love menswear, and London Fashion Week Men's is something I have particularly loved for years, so this post is going to show my top picks, and highlights of A/W 17.

Belstaff
Something I have particularly loved about menswear this year, is the fact that many designers have opted to show both females and males walking down the catwalk. Now I know a number of designers have been doing this and it's not a particularly new phenomenon anymore, but it is becoming increasingly popular, and I just think how insane is it that we have come to a point in society where females can walk down the runway for menswear? Fashion house, Belstaff, caught my eye in particular because of the overall aesthetic that was created by showing the two together; I think that showing men and women modelling together creates a solid, overall look, that's more appealing to viewers who adore both menswear and womenswear. Along with Belstaff, Wales Bonner, Vivienne Westwood, and Sibling are just a few others that followed the same trend. 


Barbour
Barbour caught my attention, not for any drastic or insanely put together outfits, but instead for a casual, classic, and easy-to-wear collection. Sometimes people believe that catwalk shows display outfits that are just not wearable day-to-day, especially in womenswear, and I think that Barbour did a great job at creating a collection that fits their brand well, but is also wearable for men. Along with creating something that is easy to wear, I also loved the urban, youthful and modern feel to the collection, that easily targets that lower age bracket for Barbour. 



Phoebe English
Phoebe English must be mentioned again for the clean, and easy-to-wear outfits. The whole cleaning concept that you will see from these images is slightly confusing to me, and it automatically made me think of some sort of scene from Oliver Twist.. however I do absolutely love the effortless vibe that it gives off. Check out image 3, he doesn't look best pleased to be carrying that hoover does he?


So that's it for some of my top picks from A/W 2017! But before finishing, it must be noted that Menswear as a whole has seen some major changes this year. Firstly, some major fashion houses were seen to opt out of menswear this year, for New York, London, and also Milan. Big names such as Burberry, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and Bottega Veneta have all opted out, and although they all have their own individual reasons for this, it cannot be gone unsaid that menswear has seen a drastic change this year. With Calvin Klein changing designers, Burberry and Tommy Hilfiger opting for the new see-now-buy-now model, and Bottega Veneta choosing to show menswear and womenswear in one show, it is clear that the future for menswear is slightly fogged. However, although there has been a shake up, I can't see the end for menswear being in the near future (at least I hope not), and I can't wait to see what next season holds.

Thanks for reading!

Much love xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram