Fresh Starts...

09:21

Hey!


So I started posting on this blog when I was 18, the last post I did was in 2015, and now I'm 21 and it's 2017... bit of a difference right?!

Considering the last time I used this blog I didn't do it all that well, I've decided to start writing again, and as it's a new year, what better time to get back into it. Thoughts were in the air about creating a completely new blog, but I didn't particularly want to erase everything I had written 2/3 years ago - even if I have changed a lot since then. 

This time around, my aim is to carry on discussing fashion, trends and my own style, but also incorporate lifestyle into my writing, and include my travels along the way. 

To start the year off I thought I would post some of my absolute highlights of 2016, as I am currently suffering major from January blues. 2016 was easily the best year of my whole life, and I hope you enjoy these images. 

1. February 2016 - Paris Annual Trade Show.

During February I went to Paris on a trip with university. Visiting the city for the second time, and exploring the streets and hidden cafes and shops was definitely a highlight of my year. 






2. Noel Gallagher in Amsterdam.

During April, my boyfriend and I went to Amsterdam to see one of my favourite people in the world sing live. This was my first time in Amsterdam, and I fell in love with the city; the buildings and city as a whole have a picturesque feel to it. The residents and tourists riding around on bikes give the city a friendly and buzzing atmosphere, whilst the canals and chill out spots make it a great get-away. I'm visiting Amsterdam again in February, so look out for a post about my travel recommendations! 



3. Visiting Iceland

My boyfriend and I took another trip in April; a few days after arriving back from Amsterdam, we set off to Iceland. I would 100% recommend anyone who is interested in visiting the country to GO. We luckily found the trip really cheap, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. We visited the Blue Lagoon - something we had both been dying to do - and we also embarked on the Golden Circle Tour, viewing glaziers, waterfalls, and the overall surroundings of Iceland. The trip is something I will never forget.





4. Festivals

2016 was a decent year for festivals for myself; Although I attended numerous ones across the UK, my ultimate favourite was Benicassim in Spain. 







5. Gigs

2016 was a decent year for festivals, but it was also the best year of my life with regards to live music. Some of my highlights of the year were seeing The Stone Roses, Noel Gallagher, Ocean Colour Scene, The Enemy, James, and Primal Scream. The Stone Roses was up there with one of the best days of my life.







6. Blackpool

Visiting your home town might sound like a weird highlight of the year, but I thought I would end with it anyway. Living away in Leeds for university is so so good, but visiting home once in a while, and seeing my nieces and nephew grow up is always going to be a highlight for me. 




Thanks for reading, I hope you also had a great 2016, and if it wasn't so great then make 2017 the best.

Lots of love xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram