"Just Jeans and A Nice Top" - Topshop Edition.

11:59


 

Hey!

So, it's either your staff night out, night out with the girls, or a meal, and you're stuck in the position of what to wear. Too cold for a dress? Needs to be dressy? The answer is always "just jeans and a nice top". I'm in the predicament at the moment, with a work night out on the horizon, and the dress code "smart/casual". Now, I'm not a dressy girl at ALL... so my automatic thought was: just jeans and a nice top. I thought I would share with you five top and jean combos that inspire me to abort wearing a dress!

Topshop: My go-to place to find a dressy, yet affordable outfit. A great place to ripped hems, tassels, lace up and a number of fits, making it a perfect store to find any jean. 

1. Floral: Casual yet smart, and anything incorporating a ripped hem wins me over - plus, I feel that this has a slight Alexa Chung-Esque feel to it which I absolutely love. Pair with a pair of slightly heeled, black pointed ankle boots, or a pair of loafers and you are complete.
  


2. Rock: Rocking that band tee, tucked into a pair of high-waisted skinny lace up jeans. Again pair with some ankle boots and a choker (or two), to dress it up a little. 




3. Classic: A typical "jeans and nice top" outfit. Classic, black coated skinny jeans with a smart but feminine pleated blouse. Doesn't look much, but combine with a pair of heels, some silver jewellery and a fur or leather jacket, and you are ready to go.  



4. Tassels: I am all over the tasseled jeans at the moment. Add a high neck, ruffled blouse to smarten it up, throw the hair up to show off the collar, and chuck some loafers on to keep it laid back. If you're after something a bit dressier, add some silver earrings, a leather jacket and a pair of boot heels and you are ready to go.


 

5. MomMy final choice would have to be a pair of Mom jeans (my guilty pleasure). Although they would probably come high on the list of 'man repellers', they can be dressed up or down for any occasion - and who says we are all out to attract men with our clothing choices? This embroidered pair, with a bodysuit, a belt, and a pair of black ankle boots would be my option! Also, if it's nippy out then throw on an oversized shirt to keep it laid back.


 

I hope this gave some inspiration on finding a fab outfit, a dress isn't always necessary!

Much love xo


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram